When he first broke out in 2012, Thomas Rhett had to know he was embarking on new territory for country music. Blending the sounds that he grew up on, Thomas mixed the country music his father Rhett Akins sang and wrote along with pop hooks, R&B’s grooves and a little swagger from rock n roll to create something that is uniquely his. That genre-bending sound reflected in his personal musical library has now become a massively popular sound which finds Thomas Rhett heading arenas and at the top of the charts. Case in point, his latest hit “Craving You,” was a multi-week #1 hit and featured fellow trailblazer Maren Morris and sets up Thomas Rhett for his next album, Life Changes, a project set to hit stores and streaming services on September 8.
The album will be Thomas Rhett’s third for The Valory Music Co. and has 14 tracks. The songs come from an honest place and showcase who he is, where he’s been and where he’s going, now as a married father of two children.
"I am and will always be a country artist,” Thomas Rhett said. "It's who I am, it's in my blood. I will always try to push boundaries because that rebellious side has been in me since I was a kid. My voice and my journey that inspired these songs is the glue that makes this album cohesive. This is where I'm at musically and these are my stories."
Thomas Rhett found himself in the producer’s chair for the new album alongside Dann Huff and Jesse Frasure, as well as new collaborators Julian Bunetta and Joe London. The album promises a wide narrative and different perspectives as he’s evolved his music through the years.
Thomas Rhett Life Changes Tracklist::
- “Craving You" (featuring Maren Morris) | Dave Barnes, Julian Bunetta
- “Unforgettable” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally
- “Sixteen” | Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur
- “Drink A Little Beer" (featuring Rhett Akins) | Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ben Hayslip
- “Marry Me” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally
- “Leave Right Now” | Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Edward Drewett, John Henry Ryan
- “Smooth Like The Summer” | Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne
- “Life Changes” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley
- “When You Look Like That” | Jessi Alexander, Matt Dragstrem, David Lee Murphy
- “Sweetheart” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur
- “Kiss Me Like A Stranger” | Thomas Rhett, Dave Barnes, Jordan Reynolds
- “Renegades” | Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, John Henry Ryan
- “Gateway Love” | Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Sam Ellis, Emily Weisband
- “Grave” | Chris DeStefano, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Miller