Hank Williams, Jr.’s last album Old School, New Rules was his first off of Curb Records and while initially successful thanks to high profile appearances on Fox News and other political places, the iconic “outlaw” somehow managed to be lost amongst the “bro” sounds of 2012/2013. That lead the superstar to sign with Nash Icon Records to see if they could get him more attention on both the album AND radio single charts, not unlike it has done for Reba. The first project for Hank Jr via Nash Icon Records will be It’s About Time, his 37th studio album, with the lead single “Are You Ready For The Country” set to world premiere on the CMA Awards telecast next Wednesday. The song also features Eric Church and it will open up the 49th annual edition of the fan favorite program.
Beginning November 1 through December 1, fans can visit HANKandERIC.com and enter for a chance to win a guitar signed by Hank which he’ll play during the CMA Awards performance. The winner of the sweepstakes will be announced via social media on December 4.
The lead single for It’s About Time was written by Neil Young and the version Hank and Eric perform on the album and will showcase on the award show is the Waylon Jennings version and will be one of the pre-order tracks available at Digital Retailers following their performance on the CMA Awards November 4. A handful of other tracks from the project will be instant gratification tracks through December and January prior to the album’s release.
“I could not be happier to be working with Scott Borchetta and the team at BMLG,” said Hank. “The support they have shown this album has been tremendous and I am so excited for the fans to hear the new stuff.”
Julian Raymond, the Grammy-winning and oscar nominated producer (Glen Campbell, The Band Perry) produced It’s About Time and the album features re-recorded takes of classic songs like “Mental Revenge” and “Born To Boogie,” a song featuring Brantley Gilbert and Justin Moore with Brad Paisley on guitar. There are some new tunes from Hank’s catalog including “Just Call Me Hank,” “Dress Like An Icon” and the title track. Songwriters like Tony Stampley, Chris Janson, Travis Meadows and Brice Long also contribute songs to the project.
Hank Williams Jr It’s About Time Tracklist:
- “Are You Ready for the Country” featuring Eric Church (Neil Young)
- “Club U.S.A.” (Tony Stampley, Bonnie Swayze)
- “God Fearin’ Man” (Chris Janson, Brandon Kinney, Kendell Marvell)
- “Those Days Are Gone” (Chris Janson, Brice Long, Terry McBride)
- “Dress Like An Icon” (Hank Williams Jr.)
- “God and Guns” (Mark Stephen Jones, Travis Meadows, Bud Tower)
- “Just Call Me Hank” (Hank Williams Jr.)
- “Mental Revenge” (Mel Tillis)
- “It’s About Time” (Hank Williams Jr.)
- “The Party’s On” (Hank Williams Jr., Joe Kent, Tony Stampley)
- “Wrapped Up, Tangled Up in Jesus (God’s Got It)” (Reverend Charlie Jackson)
- “Born to Boogie” featuring Brantley Gilbert, Justin Moore and Brad Paisley (Hank Williams Jr.)