After releasing her debut album Sayin’ What I’m Thinkin’ in 2021, Lainey Wilson is set to release her sophomore album release, Bell Bottom Country, on October 28 via BBR Music Group/Broken Bow Records. In celebration of the announcement, she released the brand new track “Watermelon Moonshine” from the album.
The album draws its name directly from the moniker folks have come to describe the Louisiana native’s unique sound, style and aesthetic. It’s country, but with some flare to it. The highly-anticipated album from the ACM Award Winner reflects Lainey’s depth and multi-faceted character with elements of 70s rock, funk and soul but with a heartbeat that bleeds county music at its core. Across the fourteen tracks, Lainey reveals her dynamic style and sturdy makeup as a woman who is at once wise, fun, vulnerable, tenacious and above all else, real. This album showcases Lainey Wilson’s growth as both a person and as a songwriter since the release of her debut album last year. 13 of the 14 tracks were co-written by Wilson with the other song being a cover of the 4 Non Blonde’s iconic “What’s Up.”
“I've lived quite a bit of life the past few years, and I have a lot more to say,” said Lainey Wilson. “Sure, I love a good pair of bell bottoms, but Bell Bottom Country to me has always been about the flare and what makes someone unique — I have really embraced mine, and I hope y’all can hear that across this project.”
The album features lead single “Heart Like A Truck,” currently inside the Top 40 at country radio.
In addition to her rising country star pedigree, Lainey Wilson can add actor to her resume as she will join the cast of the Paramount Network smash hit show Yellowstone for its with season. She will take the role of Abby, a character the show’s co-creator Taylor Sheridan crafted specifically for the “Things A Man Oughta Know” singer and it will allow her to perform new original music written and recorded by Lainey herself.
Lainey Wilson Bell Bottom Country Track Listing:
1. “Hillbilly Hippie” (Lainey Wilson, Terri Jo Box, Jeremy Bussey)
2. “Road Runner” (Lainey Wilson, Trannie Anderson, Dallas Wilson)
3. “Watermelon Moonshine” (Lainey Wilson, Jordan Schmidt, Josh Kear)
4. “Grease” (Lainey Wilson, Jessi Alexander, Andrew Petroff)
5. “Weak-End” (Lainey Wilson, Nicolette Hayford, Faren Rachels)
6. “Me, You, and Jesus” (Lainey Wilson, Emily Weisband, Dallas Wilson)
7. “Hold My Halo” (Lainey Wilson, Derek George, Monty Criswell, Lynn Hutton)
8. “Heart Like A Truck” (Lainey Wilson, Dallas Wilson, Trannie Anderson)
9. “Atta Girl” (Lainey Wilson, Dallas Wilson, Brett Tyler)
10. This One's Gonna Cost Me” (Lainey Wilson, Nicolette Hayford, Faren Rachels)
11. “Those Boots (Deddy's Song)” (Lainey Wilson, Terri Jo Box, Trent Tomlinson)
12. “Live Off” (Lainey Wilson, Trannie Anderson, Dallas Wilson, Adam Doleac)
13. “Wildflowers and Wild Horses” (Lainey Wilson, Trannie Anderson, Paul Sikes)
14. “What’s Up (What’s Going On)” (Linda Perry)