Come September 16, 2022, Little Big Town will release their tenth album release, Mr. Sun, via Capitol Records Nashville. The album, which features 16 tracks, was mostly co-written by the band through the pandemic, the first time in their 20 year journey as a band that they were off the road and separated like this. It was an introspective period of creativity where their bonds actually grew stronger and resulted in this, their self-produced Mr. Sun.
“Mr. Sun is intentionally an emotional record that holds hands well with our last album Nightfall,” LBT’s Karen Fairchild shares. “Mr. Sun is focused on better days ahead, the value of friendships and family; it touches on heartbreak and letting go, but it’s full of sunshine and joy.”
"This album has a special feeling to it. We have collectively been through an unprecedented period making this album,” adds LBT’s Phillip Sweet. “Life is short; we are here to live it with the ones around us, loving them and ourselves the best we can. All the while, thankful for another turn around the sun."
13 of the 16 tracks on Mr. Sun were written or co-written by the band with the title track, “One More Song,” and “Different Without You” the only outside songs for this project. Don’t fear fans of Little Big Town interpretations of Love Junkies songs, there is another pair of them on the record (co-writes with Karen Fairchild and Kimberly Schlapman), along with co-writters like Shane McAnally, Foy Vance, Luke Dick, Jesse Erasure, Tyler Hubbard, Tofer Brown, Madi Diaz, and Sara Haze.
The album’s lead single, the Phillip Sweet-fronted “Hell Yeah,” is currently rising up the radio charts while “All Summer” and, come Friday, “Rich Man” (solely written by Jimi Westbrook), are available from the project. Below is the tracklist and cover art for the album along with collaborating songwriters.
Little Big Town - "Mr. Sun" Tracklist & Cover Art
- All Summer (Karen Fairchild, Sara Buxton, Madi Diaz, Ashley Ray, Savana Santos, Alysa Vanderheym)
- Better Love (Karen Fairchild, Jimi Westbrook, Tofer Brown, Audra Mae)
- Hell Yeah (Phillip Sweet, Jimi Westbrook, Corey Crowder, Tyler Hubbard)
- Mr. Sun (Sarah Buxton, Daniel Tashian)
- Three Whiskeys and the Truth (Karen Fairchild, Kimberly Schlapman, Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna, Liz Rose)
- One More Song (Tofer Brown, Sean McConnell)
- Heaven Had a Dance Floor (Karen Fairchild, Phillip Sweet, Jimi Westbrook, Cary Barlowe, Jesse Frasure)
- Gold (Karen Fairchild, Jimi Westbrook, Trent Dabbs, Luke Dick)
- Rich Man (Jimi Westbrook)
- God Fearing Gypsies (Karen Fairchild, Nicolette Hayford, Ashley Ray)
- Different Without You (Corey Crowder, Jared Mullins, Steven Lee Olsen, Jordan Schmidt)
- Whiskey Colored Eyes (Karen Fairchild, Kimberly Schlapman, Phillip Sweet, Jimi Westbrook, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
- Song Back (Karen Fairchild, Jimi Westbrook, Todd Clark, Sara Haze, Jason Saenz)
- Something Strong (Karen Fairchild, Kimberly Schlapman, Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna, Liz Rose)
- Last Day On Earth (Karen Fairchild, Trent Dabbs, Tommy English)
- Friends of Mine (Karen Fairchild, Kimberly Schlapman, Phillip Sweet, Jimi Westbrook, Foy Vance)
an album every two to three years is fairly common though sales have decreased sharply in recent years. their last gold album was 2017s the breaker where as for example Mariah Carey's last Gold album was 2010s Merry Christmas II You granted she's been around nearly 35 years 12 studio albums a live EP 2 Holiday albums several hits compilations & a movie Soundtrack she's also about to be the female soloist with the most diamond albums 4