With a hit single seemingly in their hands, Texas-based Eli Young Band is set to release their next long-playing record, Love Talking, on June 3. To announce it, they announced a pre-order and also a pre-save where you can get the new song “Break Up In A Bar” as well as the title track single and their most-recent hit, the chart-topper “Love Ain’t.”
“We really wanted to find the positivity in what we got out of the last two years, so that was one of the main goals for this album,” notes lead singer Mike Eli. “There was a lot of unknown that was written into some of the music we created during that time, but we all lived it so deeply; we wanted to offer something uplifting with our music.”
“Break Up In A Bar,” a three-and-a-half-minute raucous response to saying goodbye to a relationship, offers that positive twist on a typically heavy topic while serving as one of the only outside cuts on the album, having been penned by Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson and Hunter Phelps.
“Right away, you could just hear the melody in the song from the top and know, ‘okay, this is a special one.’ And the spin – it’s one of those songs lyrically you just wish you would have thought of,” reflects Eli, who crafted 7 of the 9 tracks. “We know that that’s always the first rule – if you hear something that you wish you would have thought of it’s worth that second listen. We just started playing it in our live show, and it’s funny to see the audience because they want to know it so bad… That’s a good sign.”
Since releasing their Greatest Hits album in 2019, frontman Mike Eli has been hard at work writing songs with over 150 songs in the books with co-writers like Jimmy Robbins, Jeffrey East, Laura Veltz, Josh Osborne and Jon Nite. among others.
Eli Young Band "Love Talking" Tracklist:
- Love Talking (Mike Eli, Eric Arjes, Jeffrey East)
- Lucky For Me (Mike Eli, Jimmy Robbins, Laura Veltz)
- Break Up In A Bar (Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson, Hunter Phelps)
- Love Ain’t (Ross Copperman, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally)
- Chances Are (Mike Eli, Eric Arjes, Jordan Minton)
- Live With It (Mike Eli, Josh Osborne, Daniel Ross)
- Tell Me It Is (Mike Eli, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins)
- A Good Thing (Mike Eli, Eric Arjes, Jeffery East)
- Love Talking (Acoustic) (Mike Eli, Eric Arjes, Jeffrey East)