As one might expect with a major music award show broadcasting last week (The Grammy Awards), the digital sales chart's are reflected this week by that fact. The biggest winner? Little Big Town's "Girl Crush" which jumps from #38 to #1 with nearly an 800% sales increase. The song, which one the Grammy for Best Country Song and Best Country Vocal Performace, earned the position via their show performance slot. Thomas Rhett's "Die A Happy Man" lands at #2 after weeks at #1 while Carrie Undewood's "Heartbeat" jumps up to #3 from #11 (a 133% sales increase) to have now sold 221k copies to date (She performed it on the Grammy's with Sam Hunt). Maren Morris' breakout hit "My Church" is at #4 and has now scanned 145k o date while Cole Swindell's fast-selling hit which honors his father, "You Should Be Here," rounds out the Top 5.
Top 10 Notes
Sam Hunt lays claim to two of the Top 10's slots, with "Break Up In A Small Town" and "Take Your Time" at #6 and #7. "Take Your Time" jumps thanks to the Grammy duet mash-up with Carrie Underwood ("Heartbeat"). At #8 is Brett Eldredge with "Drunk On Your Love" while the recent chart-topping duet, "Home Alone Tonight" from Luke Bryan and LBT's Karen Fairchild is at #9. Rounding out the Top 10 is Tim McGraw, again, with the stellar ballad "Humble And Kind."
Notable Track Notes
Chris Stapleton places three songs inside the Top 30 ("Nobody To Blame" sits at #11, "Tennessee Whiskey" is at #13 while "What Are You Listening To?" sits at #27). Kelsea Ballerini's "Dibs" hits #1 on the radio airplay chart this week with sales also surpassing 300k. She's the first new female artist in a 15 years (!) to get two #1s out of her first two hits at country radio. The last? Jamie O'Neal ("There Is No Arizona" and "When I Think About Angels"). Granger Smith's "Backroad Song" hit #1 last week on the radio airplay chart. Meanwhile Old Dominion's "Snapback" crosses the 100k scanned mark while singles from Jon Pardi, Rascal Flatts, and Randy Houser continue to rise.
Outside The Top 30 Notes
- At #34: Chris Stapleton "Traveller" (135k to date)
- At #36: Brantley Gilbert "Stone Cold Sober" (112k to date)
- At #38: Kane Brown "Used To Love You Sober" (194k to date)
- At #41: Frankie Ballard "It All Started With A Beer" (53k to date)
- At #42: Chris Lane "Fix" (50k to date)
- At #43: Thomas Rhett "T-Shirt" with 53k to date
- At #47: Carrie Underwood "Smoke Break" (420k to date)
- At #53: Lonestar "Amazed" (1.65 million to date)
- At #55: Brad Paisley "She's Everything" (1.83 million to date)
- At #58: Granger Smith "If The Boot Fits" (4k debut)
- At #63: Chris Janson "Holdin' Her" (9k to date)
- At #66: Chase Bryant "Little Bit Of You" (81k to date)
- At #67: Love and Theft "Whiskey On My Breath" (114k to date)
- Carrie Underwood Songs: (Sales To Date)
- At #68: "Blown Away" (2.819 million)
- At #71: "Jesus, Take The Wheel (2.473 million)
- At #82: "Before He Cheats" (4.252 million)
- At #76: David Nail "Night's On Fire" (60k to date)
- At #85: Sugarland "Stay" (2.219 million to date)
- At #100: Brett Young "Sleep Without You" (3k debut)
Songs falling out of the Top 30 This Week
Note: Songs falling out of the Top 30 chart can be viewed in new 'falling off" tally section linked below.
- Dan+Shay "From The Ground Up"
- Chase Rice "Whisper"
- Eric Church "Mr. Misunderstood"
The Top 30 Digital Country Singles (2/22/2016)*
*Chart Numbers rounded to nearest thousandth.
|1||Little Big Town||Girl Crush||49,000||2,058,000|
|2||Thomas Rhett||Die A Happy Man||40,000||1,150,000|
|4||Maren Morris||My Church||35,000||145,000|
|5||Cole Swindell||You Should Be Here||31,000||283,000|