The CMA's have thrown a wrench into this week's chart, giving Chris Stapleton two of the Top 10 singles and three singles on this week's report. His first single, "Tennessee Whiskey," is a song he performed on the program. 131,000 fans bought the song from the time he performed it with Justin Timberlake on Wednesday, November 4 to early Friday morning. That's a remarkable amount of downloads (good enough to crush the #2 song) and proof that the man is a star singer who deserves to be heard everywhere. Thomas Rhett is second with "Die A Happy Man" increasing for a third week. He's now moved 346k copies of the track. Little Big Town's two time CMA Winner, "Girl Crush" sits at #3 with sales of 1.845 million unitos. It now has outsold Sam Hunt's "Take Your Time" and is Country music's best-selling single of 2015. Luke Bryan's "Strip It Down" is at #4 while Sam Hunt's "Break Up In A Small Town" sits at #6.
Top 10 Notes
Cam's "Burning House" is at #6 with sales of 32k this week while Cole Swindell jumps into the T0p 10 with "Should've Ran After You." Carrie Underwood returns to the Top 10 with "Smoke Break" while Kane Brown's second Top 10 Digital single is "Last Minute Late Night" with 26k purchased in its opening week. Chris Stapleton's "Traveller" track sits at #10 and has sold 48k to date.
Notable Track Notes
Chris Stapleton's "What Are You Listening To" is his third single in the Top 40, Sam Hunt also has three songs on this tally with "House Party" and "Take Your Time" joining his Top 5 hit. Justin Moore's "You Look Like I Need A Drink" debuts in the Top 30 with 20k bought while Zac Brown Band's "Beautiful Drug" jumps 23 places to #13 with 21k fans purchasing the track (68k overall to date). Chris Young's "I'm Comin' Over" is at 502k to date while Kane Brown has hit 100k in 3 weeks with "Used To Love You Sober." Dierks Bentley's "Riser" hits the Top 30 as well.
Outside The Top 30 Notes
- At #31: Florida Georgia Line "Confession" 11k scanned (40k to date)
- At #34: Sam Hunt "Come Over" 10k scanned (14k total)
- At #37: Brad Paisley "Country Nation" (Up 139%) 8k scanned (48k to date)
- At #38: Chris Stapleton "Whiskey And You" 8k scanned (15k to date)
- At #45: Chris Young "I Know A Guy" 7k scanned (Debut)
- At #47: Chris Stapleton "Outlaw State Of Mind" 6k scanned (11k to date)
- At #51: Chris Stapleton "Fire Away" 5k scanned (13k to date)
- At #53: Miranda Lambert "Bathroom Sink" 5k scanned (11k to date)
- At #54: Eric Church "Mixed Drinks About Feelings" 5k scanned (debut)
- At #55: Chris Lane "Fix" 5k scanned (debut)
- At #59: Tim McGraw "Humble And Kind" 4k (debut)
- At #64: Chris Stapleton "Might As Well Get Stoned" 4k (8k to date)
- At #82 David Fanning "Drink You Away" (a cover of the Justin Timberlake song)
- 3k this week and 55k to date
- At #90 Chris Stapleton "Nobody To Blame" with 3k this week and 7k to date
Songs falling out of the Top 30 This Week
Note: Songs falling out of the Top 30 chart can be viewed in new 'falling off" tally section linked below.
- LOCASH - "I Love This Life"
- Randy Houser - "We Went"
- Dan+Shay - "Nothin' Like You"
- Kelsea Ballerini - "Dibs"
- Brett Eldredge - "Lose My Mind"
- Keith Urban - "Break On Me."
- Chase Rice - "Gonna Wanna Tonight"
- Carrie Underwood "What I Never Knew I Always Wanted"
- Chris Young/Cassadee Pope - "Think Of You"
- Carrie Underwood - "The Girl You Think I Am"
- Carrie Underwood - "Like I'll Never Love You Again"
The Top 30 Digital Country Singles (11/9/2015)*
*Chart Numbers rounded to nearest thousandth.
|1||Chris Stapleton||Tennessee Whiskey||131,000||163,000|
|2||Thomas Rhett||Die A Happy Man||62,000||346,000|
|3||Little Big Town||Girl Crush||48,000||1,845,000|
|4||Luke Bryan||Strip It Down||40,000||570,000|
|5||Sam Hunt||Break Up In A Small Town||38,000||610,000|