Four of the Top 5 songs this week were in the Top 5 last week, proving, once-again, how consistent the top radio hits sell with country fans. the #1 single, Thomas Rhett's "Die A Happy Man" gained 12k over last week to outsell the #2 single by 23k. That number 2 single is Kane Brown's "Used To Love You Sober," a single which moved 38k in just two days of sales tracking (meaning had he released it on a Friday instead of a Wednesday (which was also his birthday) schedule, we'd be looking at an independent artist scoring the #1 digital single and upsetting the mainstream applecart even more. Luke Bryan's Gold eligible (it's at 499k as of this chart but most-certainly surpassed 500k by now) "Strip It Down" sits at #3 while Cam's Gold-certified break out hit "Burning House" is at #4 with 502k scanned to date. At #5 is Sam Hunt's Gold-certified "Break Up In A Small Town." The single has moved 539k to date.
Top 10 Notes
Also Gold-certified is this weeks' #2 airplay hit, Old Dominion's "Break Up With Him." The lead single from Meat And Candy has now moved 508k to date. Chris Young's "I'm Comin' Over" is also certified Gold and has scanned 459k to date. Carrie Underwood's "Smoke Break" is at #8 with 239k scanned to date. Sitting at #9 is Chris Janson's Gold-certified "Buy Me A Boat." The single has scanned 772k to date while Brothers Osborne's breakout single "Stay A Little Longer" jumps into the Top 10 this week (5 spots) to scan 263k to date.
Notable Track Notes
Carrie Underwood has a pair of newcomers this week that are at #13 ("Renegade") and #25 (What I Never Knew I Always Wanted") They join "Heartbeat" as the three preview tracks on the now released Storyteller album. The album will debut at #1 this coming week while more songs may also appear on this chart ("Heartbeat" has scanned 31k in 2 weeks). Other notable tracks include Brett Eldredge "Lose My Mind" with 401k scanned to date, Dan+ Shay's first Top 10, "Nothin' Like You" at #21 and Blake Shelton's "Gonna" at #20 with 9k scanned each this week. Eric Church is 11k downloads away from 1,000,000 for "Like A Wrecking Ball" while LOCASH is up 6 slots to #24 with "I Love This Life," a single which has scanned 129k to date.
Outside The Top 30 Notes
- Martina McBride's "I'm Gonna Love You Through It" at #34 with 7k scanned this week and 561k scanned to date
- Lee Brice is at #36 with "That Don't Sound Like You" having scanned 91k to date.
- At #39, Dierks Bentley's "Riser" single has scanned 104k to date
- at #41 is Granger Smith with "Backroad Song." It has scanned 70k to date and up 355% over last weeks 1.1k scanned
- Parmalee is at #42 with "Already Callin' You Mine" having scanned 119k to date (up 39% week over week)
- Jon Pardi's "Head Over Boots" is at #43 with a 20% sales increase (24k to date)
- Zac Brown Band's "Beautiful Drug" is up 38% with sales of 42k to date (At #44)
- Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance" is at #54 and now has 2.oo2 million copies to date to hit Double Platinum eligibility for the popular song from the late 1990s
- At #67 is Kane Brown's "Closer" with 13k scanned to date
- Hunter Hayes "21" is at #95 with 102k scanned to date
Songs falling out of the Top 30 This Week
Note: Songs falling out of the Top 30 chart can be viewed in new 'falling off" tally section linked below.
- Sam Hunt "Take Your Time"
- Little Big Town "Girl Crush"
- Cole Swindell "Let Me See Ya Girl"
- The Band Perry "Live Forever"
The Top 30 Digital Country Singles (10/26/2015)*
*Chart Numbers rounded to nearest thousandth.
|1||Thomas Rhett||Die A Happy Man||61,000||221,000|
|2||Kane Brown||Used To Love You Sober||38,000||38,000|
|3||Luke Bryan||Strip It Down||36,000||499,000|
|5||Sam Hunt||Break Up In A Small Town||31,000||539,000|