Luke Bryan is still at #1 with "Strip It Down," the sophomore single from Kill The Lights. The song gained around 1k in week over week sales to hold off Thomas Rhett's sophomore single from the just-released Tangled Up, "Die A Happy Man." This single scanned 40k in its first week of sales on iTunes (as a pre-order from the album). at #3 is Cam's "Burning House," the strong sophomore single from the Arista Nashville/RCA Records artist. The single is trending towards Gold and has scanned 372k to date. Carrie Underwood's "Smoke Break" (the lead single from Storyteller) LEAPS 3 slots with a 26% gain this week to #4 with 158k scanned to date. at #5 is Chris Janson's title track to his debut album, "Buy Me A Boat." The album's details were released on Friday. The #1 charting single last week has now scanned 700,000 copies to date, making it one of 2015's best-selling singles and also the best-selling single from a new artist in 2015 (so far).
Top 10 Notes
Keith Urban's nearly Gold "John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16" is at #6 with sales of 483k to date (he should hit that always remarkable mark next week). at #7 is the Gold and probably future Platinum single "Crash And Burn" from Thomas Rhett, giving him his second song in the Top 10 (and the only artist this week with that impressive feat). Right behind him is another Platinum single, "House Party," the song which is the third-consecutive Platinum single from Sam Hunt's Montevallo album, one of 2015's best-selling albums. Sitting at #9 again this week is Old Dominion with their nearly-Gold single "Break Up With Him" The single is off of their soon to hit stores album Meat And Candy. Rounding out the Top 10 is Eric Churh's Nearly-Platinum "Like A Wrecking Ball."
Notable Track Notes
Chris Young's "I'm Comin' Over" sits at #11 while Kenny Chesney's "Save It For A Rainy Day" sits at #14 with sales of 179k to date. The year's top two selling singles ("Take Your Time" from Sam Hunt and "Girl Crush" from Little Big Town are at #16 and #17, respectively). Hunt's "Break Up With Him" is at #19 with a 25% sales gain while Blake Shelton's "Gonna" is at #20 with a sales gain of 47% and a debut on this chart. Lauren Alaina's "Next Boyfriend" Debuts at #22 with 10k sold its first week while Joe Nichols also scores a debut in the Top 30 with "Freaks Like Me" scanning 7k. Sales for the week picked up a little over last week and the trend towards bigger digital single sales may now pick up that Apple Music's free streaming window is over for the early adopters (and they may choose to not spend the $10 a month to keep the service).
Outside The Top 30 Notes
- Tim McGraw's "Top Of The World" is at #32 with 50k scanned to date (up 17% week over week)
- George Strait "Let It Go" returns at #33 thanks to album pre-order (sales of 67k to date and 5500 fans buying the track [most from Tuesday-Thursday from pre-order annoucnement])
- Randy Houser "We Went" at #35 with sales of 95k to date
- The Band Perry "Live Forever" at #36 with sales of 43k to date (up 29%)
- Thomas Rhett "T-Shirt" at #37 with sales up 17% week over week (17k to date)
- Nashville Cast "Wake Up When It's Over" debuts at #39 with 5k scanned
- LOCASH at #40 with "I Love This Life" (which has now scanned 103k to date)
- Lee Brice "That Don't Sound Like You" at #44 with sales of 68k to date
- George Strait "Take Me To Texas" at #53 with 3,500 purchases and 12k to date
- Lee Ann Womack "I Hope You Dance" at #59 with sales of 1.989 Million to date (Nearly double platinum)
- Jon Pardi at #60 with "Head over Boots" (10k scanned to date)
- Craig Morgan "When I'm Gone" debuts at #70 with 3k scanned
- Carrie Underwood "Little Toy Guns" at #76 with 437k to date
- Kelsea Ballerini "Love Me Like You Mean It" at #80 with 495k to date
- Clare Dunn "Move On" at #85 with 29k scanned to date
- Brad Paisley "Country Nation" at #90 with 25k to date
- Easton Corbin "Yup" at #91 (the debut for this track) with 16k to date
Songs falling out of the Top 30 This Week
Note: Songs falling out of the Top 30 chart can be viewed in new 'falling off" tally section linked below.
- Jason Aldean "Tonight Looks Good On You"
- Zac Brown Band "Loving You Easy"
- Dustin Lynch "Hell Of A Night"
- Toby Keith "Rum Is The Reason"
- Alan Jackson "Where Were You (When The World Stopped Turning)"
The Top 30 Digital Country Singles (9/15/2015)*
*Chart Numbers rounded to nearest thousandth.
|1||Luke Bryan||Strip It Down||43,000||345,000|
|2||Thomas Rhett||Die A Happy Man||40,000||40,000|
|4||Carrie Underwood||Smoke Break||27,000||158,000|
|5||Chris Janson||Buy Me A Boat||27,000||700,000|