This week Sam Hunt's "House Party" remains at #1 with a slight sales increase to move the singer's third consecutive Gold/Platinum single to 679k sold while Luke Bryan's "Kick The Dust Up" returns to #2 the week after Kill The Lights hit stores. The album remains at #1 on the all-genre Hot 200 Albums chart this week. Chris Janson is at #3 with his Gold-certified breakout hit "Buy Me A Boat" while Thomas Rhett's at #4 with his Gold-certified single "Crash And Burn." The chart is rounded out with Cam's "Burning House." The song is slightly struggling on the radio charts but it is a huge sales hit as it is the highest-charted female track on both tallies this week with 202k fans having bought the single to date.
Top 10 Notes
Sitting at #6 is last week's #2 single, Keith Urban's "John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16" single. He's now scanned 334k copies of the lead single from his forthcoming album, the follow-up to the Gold album FUSE. At #7 is Luke Bryan's current radio single, "Strip It Down." The single has scanned 140k thus far. Eric Church's "Like A Wrecking Ball" is at #8 with 828k scanned while Little Big Town's "Girl Crush" is at 1.68 million scanned thus far. Brett Eldredge rounds out the Top 10 with "Lose My Mind." The fast-rising single is now at 259k scanned to date.
Notable Track Notes
Old Dominion is at #13 and has scanned 333k copies of "Break Up With Him" to date while The Band Perry debuts at #14 with "Live Forever." Also making her debut this week at #15 is Jessie James Decker's "Lights Down Low." She's sold a total of 21k to date with 18k of it coming during this week (it was released on the old Tuesday chart release date). Chris Young's "I'm Comin' Over" has now surpassed 300k scanned mark while Dustin Lynch has scanned 246k copies of "Hell of a Night" to date.
Outside The Top 30 Notes
- Jana Kramer "I Got The Boy" at #31 with sales of 242k to date
- Miranda Lambert/Little Big Town "Smokin' And Drinkin'" at #32 with 107k scanned to date
- Kelsea Ballerini "Dibs" at #33 with 74k to date
- Sam Hunt "Break Up In A Small Town" at #34 with 401k scanned to date (it's his next single)
- Scotty McCreery DEBUTS at #36 with "Southern Belle" scanning 7k in its first week on the chart
- Hunter Hayes "21" at #39 with 78k scanned to date
- Randy Houser "We Went" at #41 with 68k scanned to date
- LOCASH "I Love This Life" at #58 with 80k scanned to date
- Kip Moore "Comeback Kid" DEBUTS at #63 with 4k scanned
- Russell Dickerson "Yours" at #78 with 5k scanned in 2 weeks
- Blake Shelton "Gonna" at #81 with 17k scanned to date
- The Band Perry "If I Die Young" at #91 with 5,000,000 tracks scanned to date (5x platinum)
Songs falling out of the Top 30 This Week
Note: Songs falling out of the Top 30 chart can be viewed in new 'falling off" tally section linked below.
- Zack Brown Band "Homegrown"
- Luke Bryan/Karen Fairchild "Home Alone Tonight"
- Luke Bryan "To The Moon And Back
- Tim McGraw "Top Of The World"
- Luke Bryan "Kill The Lights"
The Top 30 Digital Country Singles (8/24/2015)*
*Chart Numbers rounded to nearest thousandth.
|1||Sam Hunt||House Party||45,000||679,000|
|2||Luke Bryan||Kick The Dust Up||39,000||811,000|
|3||Chris Janson||Buy Me A Boat||35,000||545,000|
|4||Thomas Rhett||Crash And Burn||34,000||583,000|
Thank you for the update on "If I Die Young." As for Sam Hunt, I'm wondering if his label will try to cross over "House Party" given its unusually strong streaming success for a Country song, or if his label will make an even bolder move and try to release "Break Up In A Small Town" to Country and Mainstream (and possibly Rock based on his Fallon performance) all at the same time, then come back to "House Party"?
No. They'll crossover "Break Up In A Small Town" either at once or later.