At #1 on Country Music's Top 30 Digital Singles: Week of March 18, 2015 chart is Sam Hunt's "Take Your Time" a song which has now sold over 658k to date while Zac Brown Band's 9 week old "Homegrown" moves up again to with 14% more sales than last week to remain at #2 the track has now sold 302k to date. RaeLynn's "For A Boy" debuts at #3 with 27k scanned while Cole Swindell's third single from his self-titled debut, "Ain't Worth The Whiskey," slides to #4 with sales now at 439k to date. Miranda Lambert's "Little Red Wagon" jumps from #10 to #5 with sales now at 181k to date (even as it struggles on radio, showing once-again a disconnect with radio programmers and fans as fans want a female artist and/or female-voiced bands in spite of radio deciding to not play them so often).
Top 10 Notes
Little Big Town's "Girl Crush" slides to #6 from #4 but it looks like a song that should eventually sell Gold as it's halfway there with sales at 245k to date (it's another struggling song on radio despite sale #s). Luke Bryan's new Spring Break-themed song "Games" is at #7 with sales now at 76k to date. Lee Brice's Drinking Class" sits at #8 and is officially Gold with sales now at 565k to date. A Thousand Horses remain at #9 for a second week with "Smoke," while Jason Aldean's last #1 radio hit, "Just Gettin' Started" is at #10 with sales of 381k.
Notable Track Notes
Eric Church's "Like A Wrecking Ball" and Chris Young's "Lonely Eyes" start off the notable section with sales now strong for both tracks (Church is just getting started with his emotional ballad). Chase Rice's SiriusXM hit "Ride" continues to be a big seller (and probably should be his mainstream country single instead of "Gonna Wanna Tonight" given how well it is selling). Three songs from Spring Break...Checkin' Out hit the chart this week with "You And The Beach" "Spring Breakdown" at #17 and #18 while "My Old Bronco" is at #25 giving the star 4 singles in the Top 30, by far the most of any artist. Tim McGraw debuts with "Diamond Rings & Old Bar Stools," his latest hit from the Sundown Heaven Town album.
Outside The Top 30 Notes
- Florida Georgia Line "Sippin' On Fire" at #31 with 107k downloads to date
- Luke Bryan "Checkin' Out" debuts at #41 with sales of 8k downloads
- Josh Turner "Lay Low" at #42 with sales up 20% with sales now over 103k
- Zac Brown Band "Dress Blues" up 50 #43 with sales up 25% with over 12,000 downloads so far
- Randy Houser "How Country Feels" is PLATINUM with sales at 1.008 million downloads (song is at #56)
- Eli Young Band "Turn It On" single debuts at #68 with sales of 4,200 downloads
- Maddie & Tae "Fly" at #81 with 36k scanned to date
- Michael Ray "Kiss You In The Morning" up to #96 with 69% sales increase and sales now at 12k (it will rise thanks to iHeartRadio's "On The Verge" program).
Songs falling out of the Top 30 This Week
Note: Songs falling out of the Top 30 chart can be viewed in new 'falling off" tally section linked below.
- Eric Church "Talladega"
- Luke Bryan "I See You"
- Tim McGraw "Shotgun Rider"
- Randy Houser "Like A Cowboy"
New singles that may debut next week
- Kacey Musgraves "Biscuits"
- Pre-Order Tracks from Darius Rucker and other albums.
The Top 30 Digital Country Singles (3/18/2015)*
*Chart Numbers rounded to nearest thousandth.
|1||Sam Hunt||Take Your Time||55,000||658,000|
|2||Zac Brown Band||Homegrown||42,000||302,000|
|3||RaeLynn||For A Boy||27,000||27,000|
|4||Cole Swindell||Ain't Worth The Whiskey||25,000||439,000|
|5||Miranda Lambert||Little Red Wagon||25,000||181,000|