With three wins in each of the Americana/American Roots categories, Rosanne Cash leads the country music award winners at the Grammy Awards last night with wins for her album The River & The Threadand the focus track "A Feather's Not A Bird." Joining her in the win column are Miranda Lambert's Platinum for Best Country Album, Glen Campbell's heartfelt and heartbreaking "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" for Best Country Song, The Band Perry's "Gentle On My Mind" for Best Performance By Duo/Group and Carrie Underwood for Best Solo Country Performance. Old Crow Medicine Show won for Best Folk Album with their 2014 release Remedy while Bluegrass supergroup The Earls of Leicester won for The Earls of Leicester. The supergroup features Jerry Douglas, Shawn Camp, Tim O’Brien, Charlie Cushman, Barry Bales and Johnny Warren. They re-imagined some of Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs’ most classic tracks for the project.
Below is a complete list of 2015's Grammy Winning list in the Country Music and Roots Music categories. Sam Smith lead the way in the overall categories with "Stay With Me," Best New Artist and Best Pop Album wins for In The Lonely Hour.
Best Country Album
- Dierks Bentley, Riser
- Eric Church, The Outsiders
- Brandy Clark, 12 Stories
- Miranda Lambert, Platinum — WINNER
- Lee Ann Womack, The Way I'm Livin'
Best Country Song
- Glen Campbell's "I'm Not Gonna Miss You," written by Campbell and Julian Raymond — WINNERS
- Kenny Chesney's “American Kids,” written by Shane McAnally, Rodney Clawson and Luke Laird
- Eric Church's "Give Me Back My Hometown," written by Church and Luke Laid
- Miranda Lambert’s “Automatic,” written by Lambert, Nicolle Galyon and Natalie Hemby
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's "Meanwhile Back at Mama's," written by Jeffrey Steele, Tom Douglas and Jaren Johnston
Best Country Solo Performance
- Eric Church, "Give Me Me Back My Hometown"
- Hunter Hayes, "Invisible"
- Miranda Lambert, "Automatic"
- Carrie Underwood, "Something in the Water" — WINNER
- Keith Urban, "Cop Car"
Best Country Duo/Group Performance
- The Band Perry, "Gentle on My Mind" — WINNERS
- Miranda Lambert with Carrie Underwood, "Somethin' Bad"
- Little Big Town, "Day Drinking"
- Tim McGraw with Faith Hill, "Meanwhile Back at Mama's"
- Keith Urban with Eric Church, "Raise 'Em Up"
Best Americana Album
- Rosanne Cash, The River & the Thread — WINNER
- Nickel Creek, A Dotted Line
- John Hiatt, Terms of my Surrender
- Keb' Mo', Bluesamericana
- Sturgill Simpson, Metamodern Sounds in Country Music
Best American Roots Performance
- Gregg Allman and Taj Mahal, "Statesboro Blues"
- Rosanne Cash, "A Feather's Not a Bird" — WINNER
- Billy Childs, featuring Alison Krauss and Jerry Douglas, "And When I Die"
- Keb' Mo' featuring the California Feet Warmers, "The Old Me Better"
- Nickel Creek, "Destination"
Best American Roots Song
- Rosanne Cash, "A Feather's Not a Bird," written by Cash and John Leventhal — WINNERS
- Jesse Winchester, "Just So Much," written by Winchester
- The Del McCoury Band, "The New York Trains," written by Del McCoury and Woody Guthrie
- Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers featuring Edie Brickell, "Pretty Little One," written by Martin and Brickell
- John Hiatt, "Terms of My Surrender," written by Hiatt
Best Folk Album
- Jerry Douglas, Mike Auldridge & Rob Ickes, Three Bells
- Alice Gerrard, Follow the Music
- Eliza Gilkyson, The Nocturne Diaries
- Old Crow Medicine Show, Remedy — WINNERS
- Jesse Winchester, A Reasonable Amount of Trouble
Best Bluegrass Album
- The Earls of Leicester, The Earls of Leicester - Rounder - Winner
- Noam Pikelny, Noam Plays Kenny Baker Plays Bill Monroe - Compass Records
- Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen, Cold Spell - Compass Records
- Bryan Sutton, Into My Own - Sugar Hill Records
- Rhonda Vincent, Only Me - Upper Management Music
Best Historical Album Winner:
- Hank Williams, The Garden Spot Programs, 1950, Omnivore Recordings