Just like last week, NBC's The Voice has an effect on the Top 5 Downloads in country music as both last week's #1, show contestant Craig Wayne Boyd, and a performer, his coach Blake Shelton, dominate the chart. Craig Wayne Boyd returns to #1 with a southern gospel classic called "The Old Rugged Cross" while Blake Shelton and Ashley Monroe's "Lonely Tonight" jumps thanks to their performance of the song on The Voice last week. Carrie Underwood's "Something In The Water" is next with 560k downloads to date. Meanwhile, Tim McGraw's "Shotgun Rider" has scanned 352k to date and sits at #4 (it's the #1 country radio airplay single this week). RaeLynn's "God Made Girls" rounds out the top 5 with sales still strong enough a week after The Voice performance. She's now scanned 272k copies to date.
Top 10 Notes
Florida Georgia Line's "Sun Daze" sits at #6 with sales at 222k to date. The song is followed by Luke Bryan's latest hit, the sixth from Crash My Party, "I See You." The single has scanned 183k to date. Sam Hunt's "Take Your Time" is up to #8 with scans of 106k to date while Eric Church's "Talladega" is up to 243k scanned to date. Rounding out the Top 10 is "Drinking Class" from Lee Brice. The song has scanned 247k to date.
Notable Track Notes
Jason Aldean's Just Gettin' Started has scanned 99k and sits at #11 while his previous chart hit, "Burnin' It Down" sits at #12 with 1.288 million downloads to date. Sam Hunt's "Leave The Night On" sits at #16 and has sold 853k to date. Brett Eldredge surpasses the 200k scanned mark with "Mean To Me" while Keith Urban's "Somewhere In My Car" has scanned 365k to date. Craig Wayne Boyd's "Workin' Man Blues" cover debuts at #19 while Carrie Underwood's "Little Toy Guns" debuts at #28. Randy Houser's "Like A Cowboy" and Tyler Farr's "A Guy Walks Into A Bar" join the Top 30 this week.
Outside The Top 30 Notes
- Canaan Smith "Love You Like That" at #40 with 109.2k scanned to date
- Scotty McCreery "Feelin' It" at #43 with 253.1k scanned to date
- David Nail "Kiss You Tonight" at #53 with 178.9k scanned to date
- Old Dominion "Break Up With Him" at #61 (a gain of 16 slots in two weeks) with 23k scanned to date.
- Carrie Underwood tracks: "Blown Away" at #69 (2.658 million), Before He Cheats at #72 (4.043 million), "Jesus, Take The Wheel" at #79 (2.359 million), "How Great Thou Art" at #98 (599k)
- Kristina Ballerini at 75 with "Love Me Like You Mean It" (25k to date)
Songs falling out of the Top 30 This Week
- Big & Rich "Look At You"
- Parmalee "Close Your Eyes"
- Craig Wayne Boyd, "Take It Easy"
- Craig Wayne Boyd "Walk The Line"
- Blake Shelton "God Gave Me You"
New singles that may debut next week
- No Chart Will Be Published the next two weeks.
The Top 30 Digital Country Singles (12/10/2014)*
*Chart Numbers rounded to nearest thousandth.
|1||Craig Wayne Boyd||The Old Rugged Cross||64,000||64,000|
|3||Carrie Underwood||Something In The Water||30,000||560,000|
|4||Tim McGraw||Shotgun Rider||29,000||352,000|
|5||RaeLynn||God Made Girls||22,000||272,000|