Jason Aldean leads the chart with not one but two tracks with hit single "Burnin' It Down" holding down fort at #1 while "Sweet Little Somethin', a track from Old Boots, New Dirt, finds a home at #2 with 58k fans downloading the single at iTunes. Florida Georgia Line's "Dirt" is at #3 and has sold 780k to date. Right behind "Dirt" at #4 is Kenny Chesney with "American Kids." It's Chesney's new single from his upcoming The Big Revivial. It hit #1 on this week's Billboard Country Radio Airplay Chart. Sam Hunt's "Leave The Night On" rounds out the Top 5 and if it sells another 40k this week, it'll be his first GOLD single as an artist. It's the first single from Montevallo, the rising star's debut album for MCA Nashville.
Top 10 Notes
Blake Shelton's "Neon Light" has finally been found by fans looking for singles as the song jumps to #6 this week nearly doubling week over week sales. The track from Bringing Back The Sunshine has now sold 79k in three weeks. Lady Antebellum's two week Mediabase/Aircheck #1 "Bartender" sits at #7 while Dierks Bentley's summer party anthem "Drunk On A Plane" sits at #8. Sitting at # is Luke Bryan's latest hit from Crash My Party, "Roller Coaster." Rounding out the Top 10 is the newly-Gold "Where It's At," the lead single from Dustin Lynch's new album (out this week) of the same name.
Notable Track Notes
Lee Brice sits at #13 with "I Don't Dance," one of two tracks from the singer's new album I Don't Dance to hit this chart this week. Maddie & Tae's "Girl In A Country Song" is at #15 while Tim McGraw debuts at #18 with "Overrated." Lee Brice's "Good Man," his second track on this report, sits at #22. Sam Hunt's "Break Up In A Small Town" remains in the Top 30 at #23 while Brett Eldredge's "Mean To Me" and Justin Moore's "Home Sweet Home" arrive at #29 and #30. Both debuts.
Outside The Top 30 Notes
- Jake Owen's "What We Ain't Got" jumps up to #34 with sales quickly rising on the passionate ballad (total sales are now 54k in three weeks on this chart)
- Randy Houser "Like A Cowboy" is at #40 with sales at 108k to date
- Scotty McCreery "Feelin' It" sits at #41 with another 8k scanned this week for a total of 135k tracks sold to date.
- David Nail "Kiss You Tonight" at #53 with sales at 112k to date
- Logan Mize "Can't Get Away From A Good Time" Up 22% week over week with 64k sold to date with national radio push just starting.
Songs falling out of the Top 30 This Week
- Dustin Lynch "Mind Reader"
- Darius Rucker "Homegrown Honey"
- Jake Owen "Beachin"
- Joe Nichols "Yeah"
- Lee Brice "That Don't Sound Like You"
New singles that may debut next week
- Tracks from previews from Lee Brice and Dustin Lynch's new albums.
The Top 30 Digital Country Singles (09/10/2014)*
*Numbers rounded to nearest thousandth. k=1,000
|1||Jason Aldean||Burnin' It Down||79,000||737,000|
|2||Jason Aldean||Sweet Little Somethin'||58,000||58,000|
|3||Florida Georgia Line||Dirt||52,000||780,000|
|4||Kenny Chesney||American Kids||47,000||803,000|
|5||Sam Hunt||Leave The Night On||40,000||461,000|