The Top 10 from last week is completely the same once again with the top 5 songs remaining in the same slots. For the sixth week in a row, Jason Aldean is "Burnin' It Down" at the #1 slot. The track is now officially Gold with nearly 700k tracks sold. Florida Georgia Line's "Dirt" is at #2 with sales now over 700k, the same which can be sad about #3 single "American Kids" from Kenny Chesney, which is actually now at 700k and going. At #4 is the lone change in the Sam Hunt's "Leave The Night On." The single sits at #4 and now has sold 421k downloads. At #5 is "Bartender" from Lady Antebellum. The tune has now been sold over 810,000 times.
Top 10 Notes
Dierks Bentley leads the #6-#10 with "Drunk On A Plane." The single has now sold 914k to date. Lee Brice's CMA Song of the Year Nominiee "I Don't Dance" has sold 946k to date while Luke Bryan rides his "Roller Coaster" at #8 with sales now over 300k for the single that'll at least hit Gold. It's the 5th single from Crash My Party. Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood sit at #8 with their hit single "Somethin' Bad" while at #10 is Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's "Meanwhile, Back At Mama's," a single which just got multiple CMA Award nominations and is now officially a Gold-selling single, the first from Tim's upcoming Sundown Heaven Town album.
Notable Track Notes
The #11 track, Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan's "This Is How We Roll," is now officially Double Platinum while Darius Rucker's "Homegrown Honey" debuts at #12. Maddie & Tae have the #13 track this week and have sold nearly 150k to date with "Girl In A Country Song." Sam Hunt's "Break Up In A Small Town" didn't fall too far this week, showing legs for a track many are calling 'too pop' for a Country genre which is already 'too pop' for most longtime fans. Chase Rice's "Ready Set Roll" rebounds to #17 with sales now over 726k to date. Cole Swindell's "Hope You Get Lonely Tonight" is his second-consecutive Gold selling (or better single). New single debuts this week include Lee Brice's "That Don't Sound Like You" and Dustin Lynch's "Mind Reader."
Outside The Top 30 Notes
- Justin Moore "Home Sweet Home" jumps 127% to #31 and as scanned 87k to date
- Dan + Shay "Show You Off" up to #35 with sales now at 85k for the rising radio hit
- Scotty McCreery "Feelin' It" sits at #37 with 8k scanned this week for a total of 127k tracks sold
- The Swon Brothers are at #40 with "Later On" enjoying a nice sales bump this week with total sales now at 178k
- Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood's "Remind Me" among many songs benefitting from new iTunes sale. Sales have reached over 2 million downloads for the award-winning single
Songs falling out of the Top 30 This Week
- tracks from previews from Lee Brice and Dustin Lynch's new albums.
New singles that may debut next week
- Tracks from previews from Lee Brice and Dustin Lynch's new albums.
The Top 30 Digital Country Singles (09/03/2014)*
*Numbers rounded to nearest thousandth. k=1,000
|1||Jason Aldean||Burnin' It Down||76,000||658,000|
|2||Florida Georgia Line||Dirt||61,000||728,000|
|3||Kenny Chesney||American Kids||52,000||756,000|
|4||Sam Hunt||Leave The Night On||43,000||421,000|