The third-place finisher on American Idol's ninth season, and one of Roughstock's artists to watch for 2011, teamed with several A-list Nashville writers like Terry McBride and Brice Long (the team that wrote single "Let's Don't Call It a Night", as well as "Love the Way You Miss Me"), and Brad and Brett Warren, who co-wrote Toby Keith's "Red Solo Cup" and Dierks Bentley's Feel That Fire, as well as the bluesy "Drive" on Casey's album. The self-titled album will be released on March 20, 2012.
Casey co-produced the album with Chris Lindsey. The final track, "Miss Your Fire," also includes Lindsey's wife, songwriter Aimee Mayo, as a co-writer and co-producer. Mayo, whose country hits include Lonestar's "Amazed' and Martina McBride's "This One's for the Girls," also co-wrote Adam Lambert's "Sleepwalker" and Kellie Pickler's "Red High Heels," along with several other of her tunes.
Casey plays electric and acoustic guitar throughout his album, which features lots of the slide playing that his fans had been hoping for. Pat Buchanan, Ilya Toshinsky and B. James Lowry also played guitar on the album, with Dan Dugmore playing pedal steel.
Here's the full list, with songwriting credits: (Cover Art NOT FINAL)
1. The Good Life (Casey James/Scooter Carusoe)
2. Crying On A Suitcase (Lee Thomas Miller/Tom Shapiro/Neil Thrasher)
3. Let's Don't Call It A Night (Casey James/Brice Long/Terry McBride)
4. Drive (Casey James/Brad Warren/Brett Warren)
5. Love The Way You Miss Me (Casey James/Brice Long/Terry McBride)
6. Undone (Casey James/Scooter Carusoe)
7. So Sweet (Casey James/Dallas Davidson/Patrick Davis)
8. She's Money (Casey James/Jaren Johnston)
9. Tough Love (Casey James/Brett James/David Lee Murphy)
10. Workin' On It (Bob DiPiero/Brandon Kinney/Daniel Tashian)
11. Miss Your Fire (Casey James/Chris Lindsey/Aimee Mayo)