NASHVILLE - The initial lineup of performers for 2009 CMA Music Festival is a strong mix of superstars and fan favorites.
"The talented folks that make up our initial artist lineup leave me in awe every time they perform," said Tammy Genovese, CMA Chief Executive Officer. "We know our attendees are going to be thrilled."
The list of performers on the main stage during the Nightly Concerts on the VAULTTM Concert Stage at LP Field includes:
- Former CMA Entertainer of the Year and four-time CMA Female Vocalist of the Year winner Reba McEntire, who last performed at the Festival in 2007.
- Four-time CMA Female Vocalist of the Year winner Martina McBride, who last performed at the Festival in 2007.
- Reigning CMA New Artist of the Year Award winner Lady Antebellum.
- Festival favorite and five-time CMA Award nominee Trace Adkins.
- Country Music entertainer and "Dancing with the Stars" sensation Julianne Hough.
- Musical firebrand and six-time CMA Award nominee Miranda Lambert.
CMA Music Festival will be held Thursday through Sunday, June 11-14, in Downtown Nashville. Over four jam-packed days, Nashville's signature music event features concerts, autograph signings, family activities, and more. For 38 years, the event (which started as Fan Fair in 1972) has been an unparalleled celebration of America's music, drawing thousands of fans and media from all corners of the globe to Nashville. CMA Music Festival was dubbed the "crown jewel of Country Music Festivals" by USA Today and winner of the International Entertainment Buyers Association's 2004, 2006, and 2008 LIVE! Award for Festival of the Year.
The 2009 CMA Music Festival benefits music education in Music City. CMA, in a partnership with the Nashville Alliance for Public Education, has donated $2,245,421 to further music education programs for the more than 75,000 children in Metro Nashville Public Schools. The philanthropic program, aptly titled "Keep the Music Playing," was founded in 2005 as a way for the CMA Music Festival and its participating artists to give back to the community.
"We are thankful to our artist community for donating their time to CMA Music Festival in order to support music education in our local public schools," said Genovese.
Tickets for 2009 CMA Music Festival are available now. To order, call 1-800-CMA-FEST (262-3378); visit www.CMAfest.com to download an order form to fax or mail; visit www.ticketmaster.com to buy online or charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000. Prices do not include applicable handling fees. Ticket prices are subject to change without notice. All sales are final and non-refundable.
2008 CMA Music Festival Four Day Ticket prices are: Gold Circle (SOLD OUT); Floor Level (SOLD OUT); Lower Level (adults $155: ages 12 and youger $109); Club Level (adults $145: ages 12 and younger $102); Upper Level reserved (adults $120: ages 12 and younger $84); Upper Level general admission (adults $110: ages 12 and younger $78).
* NOTE: Please call 1-800-CMA-FEST (262-3378) for information on ADA seating, which may be available in Sold Out sections.